IFPL Group is seeking an experienced and electronically-biased Senior Production Engineer/Engineering Team Lead.
IFPL Group – comprised of IFPL and Cobalt Aerospace – is an award-winning engineering company, designing and manufacturing products for the commercial aerospace sector. The business is growing rapidly and we are looking to recruit an experienced, electronically-biased Senior Production Engineer or Engineering Team Lead with leadership experience.
We are a full end-to-end business designing, selling, and manufacturing our own products for sale to airlines and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) around the world. We are recognised as industry leaders for our passenger power and audio products, as well as for our drop-in LED mood lighting system. We recently completed a six-figure investment to establish a new PCBA surface mount facility.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about manufacturing and dedicated to producing high-quality products. We want to hear from you if you are seeking an exciting challenge in an innovative and growing business.
You will need to be based on the Isle of Wight, as the role will be worked across our two facilities at Calbourne and Newport and require you to be on-site.
- Leading and mentoring a team of production engineers.
- Working with design engineering to plan and implement production processes for new products.
- Prioritising the production engineering team activities for identifying causes of defects, cycle times, and costs. Troubleshooting production issues and implementing corrective actions to minimise downtime.
- Driving improvements in ATP technology, including test automation.
- Developing and maintaining production documentation, including work instructions and standard work.
- Working with Supply Chain and Production to identify changes in customer demand in advance and evaluate process change requirements such as line rebalances and capital investment requirements.
- Implementing and managing continuous improvement principles by highlighting deficiencies and recommending changes including training, working practises, and processes.
- Being a key leader in lean development within the business.
- Ensuring compliance with industry regulations and quality standards, including AS9100 and ISO standards.
- Providing robust justification for change to support customer requirements.
- Owning the departmental KPIs.
Qualifications and attributes
- Minimum HND in a relevant technical subject.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in electronics production or production engineering, with at least 2 years in a leadership role.
- Strong knowledge of electronics.
- Proficiency in quality management systems and industry standards.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional environment.
- Project management experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma principles is a plus.
Please apply by submitting your CV and covering letter, detailing why you would be the ideal candidate for the position, to firstname.lastname@example.org.